I started Fran Hayes Workplace Solutions because I could see that organisations need help to understand their legal rights and obligations in employment. They were worried what they had to do. Understandably, they find the changes in laws complex and hard to see how they all work together.
I could show my clients that it’s possible to create a fair and inclusive workplace that benefits everyone, and explain how to use the legal framework to achieve it.
Ideally, organisations need a program of training, education and consultation, with a solid basis in research, policy and procedures.
Piecemeal solutions cause more problems in the long run.
My experience in public sector policy making, industrial relations, equity and diversity, research and adult education gives me a solid grounding for helping you to solve your workplace problems.
- Bachelor of Social Studies,University of Sydney
- Industrial Law I and II, NSW Institute of Technology
Continuing Education Program
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training, WEA Sydney
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, WEA Sydney
- Australian Government Panel of Gender Experts
- Panel for Human Resources Related Investigative Services, NSW Department of Health
- Director, Fran Hayes Workplace Solutions
- Policy Officer (part-time), Research and Policy Unit,
NSW Department for Women
- Policy Officer, Sex Discrimination Unit, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (part-time, 1996-97)
- Senior Trainer/Consultant (Equity), Trade Union Training Authority (1993-96)
- National Industry Training Officer, TUTA (1992-93)
- Industrial relations and human resource management policy roles with the Office of the Director of Equal Opportunity in Public Employment (ODEOPE), NSW Government (1989-1992)
- Training Officer, Clyde Cameron College, TUTA (5 years)
- Women’s Organiser, Administrative and Clerical Officers’ Association,
NSW Branch (2 years)
- Co-ordinator, Sydney University Settlement (1 year)
- National Organiser and Federal President, Australian Social Welfare Union
- Community work positions