I can help you navigate the industrial relations system and anti-discrimination laws to create fair pay and conditions in your workplace.
With my extensive background in industrial relations and up to date knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009, I offer:
- education and training for all levels and roles
- consistent and easy to apply policies and procedures
- research and advice on industrial relations problems and strategies, including how to get the most out of modern awards
- specialist advice on pay equity.
Equity and Diversity
I specialise in the links between industrial and anti-discrimination law, and in writing policies and procedures and training materials on equity and diversity.
I can help you create a collaborative, friendly and professional culture that ensures your workplace is free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
I offer a package of support to help you lead organisational change:
- consulting with managers and staff to customise your policies and procedures
- developing training curriculum to suit your organisation
- training your senior line managers on their roles in preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment
- training your bullying/harassment contact officers in their roles
- training your staff on how to avoid bullying and harassment and where to get help if they need it
- ongoing advice on implementing and reviewing your policies and procedures to meet your legal obligations.
I’ve helped numerous organisations to build systems that have the confidence of staff and managers.
I’ve helped many organisations create flexible workplace practices that suit everybody.
In gathering the case studies for Time to care: Good family friendly ideas for small business, I found many examples of innovation. From the flower shop that employed women between school hours to multiskilling of staff in a country motel, the resounding message was flexibility works.
I can help you find the right balance between the needs of employees and employers for common work-life balance arrangements, including:
- pregnancy management
- return to work after parental/maternity leave
- part time work and job sharing